Ethics Aren't Easy...And Why That's Good For You! Part One
Presented by Anne Kelly, PCC, CMC
*This is a two-part course, but participants may attend one or both sessions. When both are completed, all three hours of required ICF ethics training will be satisfied. Part Two is on October 3. Registration must be completed separately for that session.
The ICF Code of Ethics is the very foundation … the backbone … of the work we do as ICF Professionals. Yet the ethical scenarios we face as coaches aren’t always black and white. There’s an awful lot of “gray" that can be open to interpretation!
- Do you understand the limits of confidentiality?
- Are you clear on how to manage potential conflicts of interest?
- What if you notice the client isn’t getting as much value out of coaching as they once did? What do you do?
- Are you clear on what you’d do in situations that skirt the edges of ethical dilemmas?
This session will provide the following value for coaches:
1. Understand how coaches stay on the right side of the Code of Ethics and avoid ethical violations
2. Apply 3 simple tips an ICF Ethics expert recommends to all coaches
3. Locate and Recognize multiple Ethics Resources available to ICF coaches
4. Apply new learning to bring your Coaching Agreements in line with the ICF Code of Ethics
About Anne Kelly:
- Worked on the ICF Ethics Education Team successfully updating their 3-hour on-line course to reflect the revised code of ethics (2020-2021)
- Serves as the Final Performance Review Examiner for a Level 1 Coach Training Organization (2023)
- Graduated from the ICF's updated PCC Marker Assessor Trainings (2020 and 2022) and ACC BARS Training (2023)
- Created and teaches CCEase since 2021...a 20-hour coach training program accredited by ICF
- Mentoring new and recertifying coaches since 2016
- Teaching multiple CCE courses each year since 2014
- Coaching continuously since 2003
- Served for ten years as a volunteer for ICF Metro DC chapter, including as the Chapter's Group Mentor Coach
- 30+ years experience as a Certified Trainer and Facilitator of Adult Learning
- Works from her office in beautiful Frederick, Maryland!
Core Competencies: 1.5 / Resource Development: 0.0